"For all the things my hands have held,
The best by far is you"
"Sometimes you are someone’s favourite sweater. They wear you all the time. They wear you around the house, out to dinner, to the movies or even while they sleep. They wear you in front of their friends and their families and in front of strangers, because you are their favourite sweater and they want everyone to know. As it happens, whether on purpose or by accident, one day they hang you in the back of their closet. Before long, other sweaters are placed before you, and you watch them, as they come and go, wondering if you’ll ever be worn again. Soon you become not as accessible. The other sweaters are easily seen and touched and worn. You suddenly become far away. Far away means they forget the colour in your eyes and the way you smell and your voice in the morning. So you hang, collecting dust, and watching other sweaters keep the body you love warm. Maybe one day, you’ll be pulled from the closet, and they’ll remember how they never felt as warm from all the other sweaters, as they did with you. They’ll remember how you promised not to scratch their skin or be stained with lies, and you kept those promises. But as it happens, maybe you were just a sweater, and you were only ever meant to be worn, until they no longer needed you."
"I can’t escape the fact that it’s over. I will start crying in the middle of the night and text you because we used to lay in bed together and talk the whole night. I will start crying because i ask myself too often why i wasn’t good enough to hold you. I will start crying because there are so many things we wanted to do together but never did. I will drunk text you how much i hate you. I will start crying while listening to music because we used to sing along together and laugh about it. I won’t be able to wear my cap because you used to wear it pretty often. I won’t be able to wear my favourite shirt because you loved it so much. I won’t be able to do so many things without thinking of you while you, probably, have fun and enjoy the time without me. But i will get over it. I won’t think about you while drinking tea because we used to drink it almost every evening. I won’t drunk text you how much i miss you. I won’t miss you. One day."
- Kiss like you mean it.
- Remember their birthday, every year.
- Make them feel special, even on a monday night with a forecast of rain.
- Befriend their Mom, she will tell you stories that no one else can.
- Order each other food at restaurants, just to try something new.
- Shower together, you may learn to love your body, by seeing the desire and passion in your partners eyes.
- Leave notes when you go out for the day, it will make you feel safe.
- Watch the Breakfast Club, and pump up your fist in the end, even if it only happens once.
- Care for each other when sick, soup is the easiest thing to make.
- Make chocolate covered strawberries in summer simply because you can.
- Go fishing with their Dad, and listen to what he has to say, even if he may have trouble saying it.
- Give each other little presents, even if its just a rose on friday the 13th.
- Get angry, but forgive.
- Love, love with all you’ve got.
→ 30 Aug 14 at 11 pm
I’m here but nothing
Yayoi Kusama began hallucinating spots atop the surfaces of her world at a young age. In these polka dots, at once simple and boundless, Kusama found a way to break from the self and look into infinity.
(Source: excdus, via honeylungss)